Friday, June 05, 2009

Friday Special - Gem Show

Okay, since I am the editor of the Puyallup Valley Gem & Mineral Club newsletter I have to give a plug every once in a while and today starts the annual club show at noon in Puyallup, WA. We will have lots of vendors selling everything from beads, minerals, rocks and fossils to finished rocks related pieces and jewelry. One of the highlights is upstairs visiting with all the demonstrators. They will be showing visitors how to make various lapidary goods including faceted stones, gem trees (my personal fav), cabachons, precious metal clay, and beading. There will be display cases (yes I will have one with my gem trees) a silent auction and raffle tickets available for great prizes.

If you want to see me, I'll be locked in the kitchen...okay not locked, but tied down...that didn't sound much better, working in the kitchen all weekend and hoping for a break any chance I get to look at all the goodies.

Here is a link to the flyer. I've also included pics from previous shows.

Vendor H&I Lapidary







Our member Jerry showing the kids how to polish Opal.
One of our Junior members showing how to make gem trees.
Come on out and visit us this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin