Sunday, June 14, 2009

Inspirational Message

Today is supposed to be my inspirational message to the masses, but I find myself uninspired at the moment, so I'll discuss a few changes that my husband and I will be making in order to get our health in line.
For a couple of years now, his doctor and mine have told us that we need to lose weight, watch for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I find that in a couple of weeks I will have more time to plan our meals and ensure that we are on track. His preference is the Adkins type of high protein diet and mine is a more balanced (Zone plan) type approach, so it will be interesting combining the two for a lifetime healthy alternative. I don't mind Adkins so much, but most people don't eat enough veggies and overload on the high fat proteins, so the meals that I plan will be high in vegetables with a salad at every meal and leaner cuts of meat.

So yesterday was day 1 and we made it through and today day 2. Today we didn't do as well as we should have since we didn't eat the recommended snacks and by the time dinner was ready we were starving....we won't do that again.

Day 1 Menu
Breakfast
Adkins drink mix
Coffee (I can't give this up)

Lunch
Salad with Tuna, Cottage Cheese
1/2 cup Mandarin orange slices

Dinner
Salmon Burger

Snack
Protein Smoothie w/Strawberries

Day 2 Menu (not the best food day)
Breakfast
2 Eggs
1 slice toast
Coffee w/milk

Lunch - (none, that was the bad part)

Dinner
4 oz. Steak trimmed of fat
1/4 baked potato
1/2 cup green beans
Mixed Salad

Snack
Cottage w/pineapple chunks

We will see how it goes this week, and I'll report back next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin