Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wickedly Healthy - Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Since my husband and I are eating healthier, I really can't be posting chocolate cookies or cakes, but I can post smoothies and other yummy recipes that we are trying out that tempt our sweet tooth. We have been making a lot of smoothies and one of our favorites is strawberry. We buy the frozen whole strawberries or mix berries sometimes and use those instead of ice cubes. I also add in a little protein powder for an added bonus especially if this is a meal replacement like breakfast or we don't want to cook for dinner. Here is a recipe I found on Allrecipes.com.

INGREDIENTS
1 cup milk
1 banana
3 large strawberries
1 tablespoon vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon honey

DIRECTIONS
In a blender, combine milk, banana, strawberries, yogurt and honey. Blend until smooth. Pour into glass and serve.

I would use frozen strawberries and only half of a banana and nix the honey. If it needed added sweetness use a sugar substitute like Equal or Splenda.
Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe?

1 comment:

  1. yummmmm I love smoothies!! One of my favs is strawberry yogurt blended with a banana or nectarine and some ice. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin