Thursday, August 06, 2009

Original All-Bran Muffins

I had to resort to making my own bran muffins this morning as my mother in law who usually makes them is now in an assisted living facility and does not have a stove or oven. I already had purchased the All-Bran, but didn't have the recipe that she uses so I did what any computer savvy person would do and searched the internet and wa-la there it was. Now I don't know if this is the same recipe that she uses or not, but they turned out pretty good. I'll have to take her some later today.


The recipe can be found on Kelloggs.com, but I have reprinted it below. I didn't have fat free milk so I used 2% and I also used Canola oil vs. the Vegetable oil, no other substitutions were made. Please check out the Kellogg website for variations on reduced calories, fat and cholesterol. Enjoy, I know I did this morning.

The Original All-Bran Muffins

Ingredients
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teas. salt
2 cups Ready-To-Eat Cereal All-Bran Original
1 1/4 cups fat free milk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Directions

  1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, combine cereal and milk and let stand for 2 minutes.
  3. Add egg and oil to cereal mixture and beat well.
  4. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
  5. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray.
  6. Bake at 400 degrees F about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
  7. Serve warm (I also like to have butter on my muffins)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin