Monday, December 28, 2009

No Time to Think

Just when I thought that the holidays were over and we could let out a sigh of relief I found myself getting motivated to paint, make more jewelry and gem trees.  The paintings you can see in my previous post and the jewelry I have yet to photograph. I also have more cookies to make for my nephew and his wife before they head back to Oklahoma on Wednesday.....humm I guess that will be a tomorrow job.

I received a special order in December for 6 opal gem trees that have to be mailed by Jan. 15th, so I got busy today and started making my branches. One tree is completely put together and the others are on pieces on my dining room table in various stages of completion. See messy photo. The trees have either 3 little pearls, blue topaz or peridot at the tip and then I glue opal cabs on as leaves. Makes a stunning litle tree. I have a feeling that they will all get finished this week and be ready to mail next week.....woo hoo. Then I can concentrate on some of my other activities.

Speaking of other activities, January 16th I'll be teaching a fine silver fusing class for my gem and mineral club. I still have yet to order the wire, I guess that will have to be this week also to ensure that I get it in on time.

I hope everybody is having a great week so far and have a safe New Year's Eve.

5 comments:

  1. I love that tree! Just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! I admire your steady hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see the things that we do, not quite jewellery, but using the same skills. Wonderful looking tree - no wonder you have orders for these waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning tree. never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin