Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Muse

I have been having some great Muse's lately in the form of other bloggers and jewelry designers. Now take my post from Monday on Cate that featured her earrings that she created based on some she saw in the Sundance Catalog. They were so great and matched the leather necklaces that I posted a tutorial for here in April that I just had to make me a pair. I think they turned out great and even wore them tonight to dinner with the necklaces.


So who is one of my other Muse's, that would be Duni from Lovely Purses, and yes she does create lovely purses so check it out. She has a great little zipper pouch that I thought could be used for just about anything so I tried my hand at adding a zipper. Not as perfect as I want, but my old '70s sewing machine doesn't have a zipper foot so I had to wing it. Still it works for my phone as well as my camera if I want it to. Sorry, I couldn't show you the camera in the case as I was using it to take this picture.  ha ha


Last but not least is my friend Annette from Under the Loupe. She has some remarkable jewelry. In her latest post she gives us a little lesson in Rose Quartz, which is one of my favorite gemstones. She has a beautiful Rose Quartz and pearl bracelet on her blog now, but this piece is similar to some that I create quite often and I just love the Summer colors of pink, rose and cream.


Whew, a lot of links in this post but be sure to check them out. They are all great people, great writers and have lots of creativity.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the rose quartz article and thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh when I read about your old '70's sewing machine...Mine is a 1969 Brother. And back then, my mom and dad, who did not have a lot of money, invested in a state of the art machine that has served me very well all these years. I am grateful for it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin