Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Trash to Treasure Contest Entry

I have never entered a contest with any of my designs just challenges. The difference? Challenges may or may not result in a prize if you win and then it may just be a random drawing on not one based upon your design whereas a contest always has some prize and is based upon the design you submit. So, I decided to do it. Happy Mango Beads was hosting their Trash to Treasure contest and I went for it. I had an idea for a piece to make with some previous used leather scraps and left over bits and pieces of chain and here is what I came up with.

I call this Elegant Biker. I don't know the leather and rivets reminded me of something a biker would wear and all the chain and rhinestone button added a touch of elegance. The Laugh charm I just had to add for a bit of whimsy and to remind us and those around us to laugh at ourselves every once in a while.
If you want to check out the contest, head over to Happy Mango Beads. You can still enter in one of the categories until 9/15.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck to you, I think I know a biker babe who would love to wear this necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I'd wear it straight away and probably never- ever take it off. Ever.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin