Monday, November 01, 2010

Beach Glass Anyone?

It was a rainy cold day here in Western Washington and after going to my exercise class this morning I decided to spend a little time in my craft room. I had been wanting to use some of my stash of beach glass in pendants or charms so I grabbed my jar and dumped the contents on the table. I started out looking for blue and white pieces for a charm swap I'm in but unfortunately that wonderful shade of blue beach glass was elusive today and I only found one piece. I did find some white, green and brown. These were so much fun to make. Most are large enough for a pendant but the smaller ones I'll save for a charm bracelet or a different swap. My favorite is the light green with the silver wrap with the brown piece coming in a close second.

Since I have so many, maybe I'll list a few for sale or save them as Christmas gifts for family and friends.


Well today was my first day of Creating Every Day Challenge and I found it very easy. I still have yet to "create" a newsletter tonight for the gem and mineral club I belong to and tomorrow will be to write up the tutorial I promised. Hopefully the rest of the month will be as easy to "Create" as these first few days of the month.

If you are taking the challenge, let me know by leaving me a comment and I'll add your blog to the blog list located in the right hand column.

Now go Create!

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I really like the "double wrap". Can't wait to see what else you create this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sea glass pendants...I don't wirewrap beautifully like that, so some of the pieces I pick up here at the beach, just languish in my bead box--you make yours sing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the wrapped glass. I tried to wrap a stone and it was way hard for me...any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for the comments on my beach glass charm/pendants.

    Bev, I really was playing around that day and had some craft wire in 24 gauge round so I found a piece of glass, cut 2 pieces of wire 12" in length each and laid them side by side on the glass piece and just start wrapping the wire from front to back altering the double set of wires. Maybe I'll write up a quick tutorial and post some pictures of the process and that should give you a better idea. These are super easy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin