Saturday, January 01, 2011

Resolutions, how did you do for 2010?

Well I made resolutions last year and now is the time to review those and make some new ones. So here are the ones from 2010 and how I did.

1.   Promote, promote, promote via Twitter, Facebook, Blog and anything else I find at least once each day on one of them. I should be able to do this, I'm on them daily anyway.
2.   Land at least 2 more gem club shows for demonstrating and teaching gem trees.
3.   Land 2 additional workshop venues for gem trees or jewelry design.
4.   Have the 2nd book completed and to an editor for review. I guess I better start writing.
5.   Keep my craft room clean & organized (okay maybe clean craft room once a week).
6.   Update my danasjewelrydesign.com website.
7.   Add one new item to my Etsy, Artfire or 1000 Markets site weekly.
8.   Develop 12 tutorials that will either be for sale or free on my blog. That's only 1 per month.
9.   Learn to use Photoshop Elements 7. Yes, I have the program, but haven't figured out how to use it yet.
10. Learn one new jewelry technique.


Okay, #1 - pretty much did this one except for a few days when we were on vacation or didn't have access to the Internet.
#2 - Didn't get two more shows..I'll have to try harder this year.
#3 - Landed 2 new workshop venues one was the Puget Sound Bead Festival and the other was Shipwreck Beads.
#4 - 2nd book is not completed and I still have a ways to go but I did create 2 new tree designs for it.
#5 - I don't know, can a craft room ever be clean enough. 
#6 - Web site was updated but now I need to do it again.
#7 - Seriously failed on this one. I did go in spurts and list lots at one time.
#8 - Yea this one is done and all were listed for free here on this blog. Now to put them all together and list them as an e-book.
#9 - Still haven't learned to use Photoshop.
#10 - I'm not sure whether silversmithing counts but I did take a class and learned to make a wire bezel for a cabachon.


So, how did you do in your last years resolutions? Are you going to make some for this year?


Stay tuned for tomorrow's post where I will share my resolutions for 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin