Wednesday, June 01, 2011

A Sneak Peak At Some Soup

A couple times a year I participate in a Bead Soup blog hop. Lori Anderson is hosting a mini one this Spring and we will be hopping all over the blogisphere on June 4th. I just happened to get two soups sent to me one from Loretta and one from Eve. This normally doesn't happen so I must have just been lucky, I love a good challenge.

 I've already made a bracelet out of the Lampwork and smaller beads and a necklace out of the Amethyst from Loretta. The necklace will be donated to the Puyallup Valley Gem and Mineral Club Raffle this coming weekend.


I haven't made anything out of this soup yet from Eve but there are some really pretty lampwork glass beads that I might combine with some of mine and then dangle the butterflies and some of the other beads for a charm bracelet. I think it could be quite whimsical.

To see the finished products and to do the blog hop, come on back Saturday for all the fun.

I also worked on a couple of Round Robin Necklace charms today, got them finished and mailed to the next person on the list. Here is one of the necklaces. The theme is birds. I added the Lampwork bead with the bird on it that has an Amazonite dangle at the bottom which coordinates with the other colors. I love this necklace and how it is turning out. Just one more round for this one and then it is on it's way home. I can't wait to see mine when it is finished. Right now it's in Hawaii getting it's final touch from Cris.


It's really been a productive day with getting some shopping done for the upcoming Gem show (I'll be coordinating the deli) and getting some of these jewelry pieces made. I did have to take the little dog to the vet today as he has been limping for the past couple of days. Turned out he had a laceration on his paw in between two toes and needed 3 stitches. Poor thing. He has also been milking it for all it's worth and wanting to be carried and to lay on you. Right now he is all curled up in the blanket with his hurt paw sticking out.


Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana, aww poor baby what a little cutie & i'm sure he gets away with milking it too! take care ttfn L:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin