Wednesday, June 08, 2011

What's Next?

Well we have sufficiently recovered from our rock and gem show last weekend although my body still feels like it needs more sleep. I'm just not used to manual labor especially for 4 to 5 days straight. DH and I worked the kitchen making deli items for the workers and attendees of the show. We did have some help which was greatly appreciated. We just aren't used to standing on our feet (on concrete) for 8-9 hours a day. This was our 9th year to run the kitchen and our last. I think I want to do something different next year, but we will see what next year holds and determine our fate then.

I did receive my fabulous round robin necklace exchange completed. What a joy to see the contributions and thought that everyone put into their charm that they added to my necklace.


I know this isn't everybody's style but I love it.

I've said this before but if you are interested in art charms (mini works of art) or want to learn more you can join the Yahoo group or there are a couple of books available on Amazon (I have both) that are great resources. Here is the Yahoo group:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArtCharms/

I'm also hosting a art charm swap with a Patriotic theme for the group. So far all the charms I've received are wonderful. Hosting is new for me so I'm sure you will hear all about it. I did start my charms yesterday. I had something in mind and couldn't find one of the components I needed so went with a different design. They are wood stars that I am painting and then will seal. I'm still debating on whether to wire wrap them or drill a hole for the jump ring. 


Hopefully everyone is having a great week and if you need something to do this weekend, I have a couple of spots left in my Standard Gem Tree class at Shipwreck Beads on Saturday. Here is the link to the info.  http://www.shipwreckbeads.com/catalog/Classes/Wire-Working-Classes//orderBy/sku/itemsPerPage/20/page/1/item/14CS0611

Cheers, Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin