Monday, January 30, 2012

Back into the Swing of Things

Well my trials with finding a new computer has finally come to an end. Yesterday I talked about a new tablet that I was trying out and after playing with it for a day, realized that tablets really won't replace a computer. Just to do the blog post yesterday was stressful and the learning curve was huge. So, off to the electronics store I went again and found a wonderful little Toshiba Ultrabook. It's lightweight, 13"and really fast. All really important things when cruising the internet, blogging and playing on social media sites. Now I'm back in business and won't have to worry if my computer will boot up.

With the busy month we have had I think I am finally getting back into my normal life. DH is recovering nicely here at home, strength and appetite returning and back to his old self. So, I revisited some things that I had put on the back burner and decided to get back into it. Today I submitted a proposal to teach at a local bead show (Puget Sound Bead Festival) and finalized some paperwork for teaching at Art and Soul Portland. I'm hoping I'll be accepted at the bead festival and submitted 3 different gem tree designs for them to choose from. I will be teaching a Bonsai Gem Tree class at the Portland Art and Soul in September. Here is the info if you would like to check it out. http://www.artandsoulretreat.com/retreat-Portland2012-2394-workshop.php Art and Soul is a mixed media art retreat that offers all kinds of classes ranging from jewelry design, painting, art journaling and now my gem tree sculptures. I may have to look at taking a couple of classes myself.

Here is a look at the new classes that I will be teaching this year at Shipwreck Beads. I will continue to teach the Standard Gem Tree and the Pine Tree classes this year. Click HERE to check out the dates and times of classes.



Have a great week everyone and I'll let you know how it goes on all those other projects.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing re the tablet vs netbook. I'm conflicted right now- several friends have the Kindle Fire and love it for their life. But they don't blog, handle online stores or need it for uploading pictures from a card. I want a backup for my laptop and have debated about a tablet. You're conceding defeat is making me rethink this. I want something that makes life easier, not harder, and it sounds like the tablet didn't do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:18 AM

    So cool for you! Great to see things moving along for ya. Oh, and congrats on the tablet....now I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin