Friday, January 06, 2012

The Longest Week

This week has just dragged by with DH going in the hospital on Tuesday for surgery and traveling back and forth to Seattle every day just got old. Well he is doing great, home now and snoring in his chair. I think it will take a couple of weeks for him to be back to his normal self but that's okay as long as he is home.

So obviously no jewelry making for me this week but I was productive while sitting in the waiting room at the hospital. I did take my sketch book and supplies and decided to do a few Zentangles. So, here are the tangles I've done this week with a look at a couple of sketches inspired from "Sketchbook Delight" an on-line course offered by Alisa Burke.

These first two tangles are based upon traditional Zentangles in that they are created in a drawn box with strings.


These next two tangles, I tried to fill more of the sketch book page.




These are two drawings additional drawings. The one filled in with colored pens is a pattern from our carpet and the other is watercolor where I tried a repeating pattern in the shape of a flower.



I have a long way to go with my sketching and drawing skills but the more I practice, the better I feel about what I have created.

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I didin't know they're called Zentagles!
    I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana,

    I am still sending lots of healing energy to your husband. Of course, I am also keeping you in my thoughts.

    Your zentangles are great -- thanks for sharing them.

    Greetings from Germany,
    Birgit

    PS: Thanks for having left a comment on my blog -- so very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin