Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thankful

I am so thankful for every one's prayers and healing energy for my DH while he has been in the hospital. He is still there and recovering slowly. Since I have been driving up to Seattle to the VA Hospital everyday, it has given me the opportunity to spend some time people watching while there. It really is amazing and humbling to be surrounded by so many veterans. Quite a few are older but I have been surprised at the number of younger vets. It really does hit home when you are surrounded with them everyday and understand the suffering and life changing experiences they went through for our freedom.

Needless to say I haven't been in the mood or even home much to do a lot of crafting or jewelry making. I did come home early from the hospital today to take the dogs to the groomers. They were stinky dogs and now they are clean... won't stay that way but for right now this moment, clean.



The spaniel, Buddy, never looks that different but the Shitzu, Leo gets shaved when he gets groomed and always looks so much smaller. Now when they want to sleep with me tonight I won't cringe due to their muddy paws and smell. I had to bribe them the second time to get them to sit still for the photo. What you can't see in the photo is a couple of treats on the table. Amazing what they will do for a treat.

1 comment:

  1. Buddy looks like he's dreaming about that treat! We've spent some time at that same VA hospital in Seattle when hubby was in the Coast Guard many many years ago. Hope your DH is well on the mend and home soon. xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin