Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Experimenting Again

This time my kitchen experiment was to make a face cream. DD was wanting something for her face so I figured I had all the stuff, why not try to make something. Not sure I got it right but I'm testing it now. I wanted it to be more of a daily moisturizing lotion but it turned out to be a cream. Probably okay for during the day, especially if you have dry to normal skin but wonderful at night.

Even though it is pretty thick it doesn't feel too heavy. It is about 68% water where my other lotions are usually around 78%. I may try again and increase the water to 70% just to see the difference. Most of the time my water phase is just that filtered or spring water but this time I used a combo of aloe vera juice and chamomile tea. Needless to say I'm testing this one thoroughly on myself before giving to anyone else. I also started using a paraben free preservative at .5% by weight so we will see how this holds up with the added juice and tea.

Because I didn't have enough to do, I started another blog. This one is called Basically ART and will pretty much deal with my other artistic side. I know I've used this blog for everything including the kitchen sink as you can tell from my kitchen experiment but I really wanted to have a separate forum for those that just want to follow me and are interested in painting and journaling. So head on over there now and you can get a peak at what I'm working on.

Have a great day and if you are interested in the recipe for the face cream, leave me a comment with your e-mail or just e-mail me and I'll send it to you.

Cheers, Dana

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, Dana! Great blog :-) I'm very inspired by all of your experimenting! I would love a copy of the recipe if you're up for sending me one :-) Thank you so much. xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my email doesn't display. Ha! Not useful :-) It's pepperberryprincess AT gmail DOT com :-)

    Thanks again,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the adorable designs of jewelry

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin