Saturday, May 12, 2012

Forged in Fire

Since Mother's Day is tomorrow I've been working on a few things for my mom. She seems to always complain indicate that she has no jewelry... yea right mom. So, I've been working on a few new pieces just for her. One thing she says is that she has no copper, well she can't say that after tomorrow as I made her an entire ensemble.
Close up of the necklace.

I just kind of let the metal do what it wanted to. I pounded and then stuck it in the flame of my torch then pounded some more. Finally I got the 12 gauge metal wire into some semblance of a shape, then wire wrapped the top with another loop. After looking at it a bit more, punched the holes in the bottom and dangled the Carnelians and felt it was still missing something. That's when I remember making my flower head pins, so I torched the ends to a ball then wrapped them up the sides of the piece.

Here is a picture of all of it together.

Okay, so if you see my mom wearing this set be sure to say something about her "new" jewelry. Then she'll be able to say that everyone noticed that she was wearing something new. LOL

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Love the set - I'm sure your Mom will, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely :).
    As Lesley said it's Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin