Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Little Soup Anyone?

For the past few years I've participated in Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party, so I couldn't let this one go by without playing again. My partner is Leslie Schenkel and she does some amazing lampwork beads. I am so lucky to be paired with her this year. Here is a look at her blog , and here are the lovely things she sent me to play with.



She sent two sets of beady goodness to choose from. I may use the set on the top with the purple and greens but I'm fascinated with the bright colors of the 2nd set. Oh, what to do. Maybe I'll make several things and then I can use all of it.

If you are wondering what I sent her, here is a quick look. I made the pendant and the components. I can't wait to see what she makes from all of it.

The rule from Lori to participate in this bead swap is you must have a blog and once you have your swapped beads from your partner you must use the focal and the clasp.


In other interesting news, I special ordered some pottery pendants to be made so that I could sell them as essential oil diffusers. I'm so happy with them. They were made by Teresa Griffin Pottery Studios and features a glazed back and unglazed front so that the essential oil will absorb.

Here is the complete batch.

Here is the piece I made today. I've even tested it with a drop of Peppermint essential oil and it works great.

Have a great week and don't forget to come back on March 30th for the Bead Soup Reveal where I will show you what I have made with my beads from Leslie.



5 comments:

  1. I think you and your partner are well matched. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see which set you choose to work with-have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both great soups, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Really nice soups, Dana! It'll be fun to see what you do with them. The colors are fantastic. By the way, I was in Seattle for Christmas and wow do they put on a nice city celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:08 PM

    I have to tell you that the Soup that Dana sent me is absolutely beautiful and the pictures do it no justice. She totally didn't include a picture of the great silks that she included! As a lampworker, I'm not a very good jewelry designer. I have help from a good friend, Merrell Hickey, who has assisted me with a fabulous design incorporating almost all the elements Dana sent me and some long ago made lampwork beads that have gone unloved until this project -- they were the perfect colors! I am very excited to see what Dana does with what I sent her. and I think I might need a couple of those pottery pendants!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin